Web Technology for Doing Business on the Internet
WordPress blogs are quickly becoming everyone’s new favorite website platform. Businesses large and small are utilizing WordPress blogs to create an interactive website environment. With hundreds of “Themes” and “Plugins” is is easy to customize your WordPress blog to fit your business needs.
WordPress is a website building system using templates and a template processor. Users can re-arrange widgets without editing PHP or HTML code; they can also install and switch between themes which define how those widgets are arranged on the page. The PHP and HTML code in themes can also be edited for more advanced customizations. WordPress also features:
- Integrated link management
- Search-engine friendly, with out-of-the-box Web Standards support
- A clean permalink structure with options to customize
- The ability to assign nested, multiple categories to articles
- Support for the tagging of posts and articles.
- Supports the Trackback and Pingback standards for displaying links to other sites that have themselves linked to a post or article.
- A rich plugin architecture which allows users and developers to extend its functionality beyond the features that come as part of the base install.
Benefits to using a WordPress blog for your business website:
- It is an inexpensive and fast way to have a professional website.
- It can easily grow with your business.
- YOU can add content and customize it yourself.
- YOU can add your own web pages.
- Advanced customizations can be done at anytime to fit your unique business needs.
- Blogs are search engine friendly!
This MeetUp presentation will start on reviewing the decision process of deciding if using WordPress as your website or using it as an addon to a static website. Then review a number of themes and plugins that you might consider for your website or blog.
If you have a WordPress blog already, then bring a list of your favorite plugins to share along with your experiences in managing the site.
All Meetup presentations are repeated as Webinars on the third Tuesday of each month as part of our “Time Challenged” series.
- 6 to 7 – (Optional) “no host” dinner and networking
- 7 to 7:15 – Introductions and announcements
- 7:15 to 8 – Presentations
- 8 to 8:30 – Group Questions, Discussion and Networking
Oceanside , CA 92054 – USA
Tuesday, August 2 at 6:00 PM